can't dowgrade to 1.1.1, cause I can't restore it!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by larabi74, Feb 16, 2008.

1. larabi74

larabi74 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    while trying to install iphone apps on my 1.1.3 jailbroken touch, it froze and went to restore mode. so i thought "i'll go back to all the jailbreaking process". on my first restoring try, i couldn't make it on 1.1.1 nor 1.1.2. so i ended up restoring it on the "official" 1.1.3. I tryied to force restore it a couple of times to downgrade it, but everytime i try either .1 or .2 i get the same error message:
    "an unknown error ocurred (1)"
    all i can do is restore it on .3 (i've even tried downgrading itunes to 7.5)
    what can i do?????

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE:
    did some REAL research (after my panic level went down), and found the solution...sorry to bother
  2. pablorbg

pablorbg New Member

say what your problem was i'm haveing the same problem tell me how you fixed it
  3. sickjester4

sickjester4 New Member

Yeah, how did you downgrade?
    I've tried many method but can't get any of them to work properly.
  4. iPodTouch808

iPodTouch808 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use the recovery method i think it was make sure your ipod is on itunes then hold the power and home key until ipod is gone on itunes then let go of the power button while holding the home key then couple seconds ipod should be back on itunes and then it would detect it in recovery mode then hold option (mac) i forgot what key to hold on PC and click restore and then downgrade your ipod if you have the .1 or .2 file this is just top of my head but you guys could use the search button on the forum
  5. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

that still doesnt work for me no matter wat computer i use (7.5 or 7.6 itunes, windows or mac) only version i can restore to is 1.1.3
  6. sangesf

sangesf New Member

JUST PUT IT IN DFU MODE AND YOU WILL ALL BE FINE!!...

Here...

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).
    Make sure it shows up in iTunes.

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.
  7. ipod touch fan

ipod touch fan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    use the iphuc method. This will disable and give you the availability to restore to any firmware. Beleive me. Download this and follow the readme.

P.S. i was unable to do this on a mac. even with iphuc universal. So.. if you are on a mac like me... get a crappy windows computer.

if this has help you. click on the balance under my avatar.
  8. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

wow, ur lucky u have the best name ever, ipod touch fan....

9. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

ok... when i try to enter DFU mode, i let go of the power button when it dissappears but it never turns back on i have to press and hold the sleep and home buttons until the apple symbol appears
    1 person likes this.
  10. heyitsnatedawg

heyitsnatedawg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was having the same problem. I just kept trying.. and eventually the damn thing worked