Can't Donwload ANYTHING Off Cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Filiab, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Filiab

Filiab New Member

Just JB'd my ipt2g about an hour ago. Before I restored my ipod's settings, I had Cydia and Installer. After my iPod restored itself, Installer vanished and now I just have Cydia.

So I didn't think that would be the cause of my problems, so I went to try and download something and it just gave me this error saying I need to download more sources, tried to downlaod more sources and it gave me the same error.

When I try to install Steffwizz, I don't even have that option in "section", as my section is just blank.

Please help!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Don't worry, stick with just Cydia. Installer is still very buggy. If you really want it there's a thread around on how to install it post-jailbreak around here somewhere.

2. Are you connected to the internet? Have you got any apps at all in Cydia? Have you installed and updated the community sources?
  3. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm with you on that, my Cydia f***ed up two days ago and now it won't work.
    I managed to download one thing every few hours. It's complete bullsh*t and I'm going crazy. I'm on my iMac which runs on the exact same Wi-Fi and my Mac is fast as a bullet, but my iPhone is f***ed up and won't load Cydia apps.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have Mobile Terminal installed you can try and fix it...

Go into mobile terminal & type su root followed by alpine when prompted for the password.

Then type in apt-get clean followed by return and then type in apt-get update also followed by return.

The first apt command above will empty your repo cache and the second will refresh the repo sources. When you put the update command in you will see lots of text scrolling up the screen as it refreshes each repo and at the end it'll tell you any repo errors. Make a mental note of the repos that are showing errors and try fixing Cydia by deleting them one-by-one from within Cydia. This worked for me and you'll usually find it's a couple of dodgy or offline repos that are causing the problem.

If you're still having problems you can also try reinstalling Cydia from MobileTerminal using the commands: apt-get remove cydia followed by apt-get install cydia and finally killall Springboard.

And if you are still having problems you may also want to try resetting the permissions on Cydia using the MobileTerminal commands (hit return at the end of each line of course):

chmod -R 755 /Applications/Cydia.app
    chmod a+srx
    /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia
    killall Springboard