can't do DFU (iPOD Touch 16Gb)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thecube, Aug 19, 2008.

1. thecube

thecube New Member

can't do DFU (iPOD Touch 16Gb) [SOLVED]

I got and iPOD Touch (16Gb, MA627LL, version 1.1.5 (4B1)), it's new, recently bought from cotsco.

I know that your thinking "he's doing something wrong" and i hope you're right because i'be been trying for the last 2 days to get into DFU and the only thing i can't get is Recovery Mode...

I start doing the processes (it could be to hold the bottons while is on or while is off, the ten seconds, then release the sleep/wake, and keep holding the home untill the pc beeps) and it never stays on the black screen, it always (and i mean allways) goes white/on and the "itunes cable conect" appears on the screen.

In one of my last tries i uninstall itunes, and before install it again i tried it, and it worked, the computer recognised it (beeps) and the screen stays black. So i figured it was solved; installed itunes, and did the same processes (for like the 84 time, i'm not kidding) and the ipod got to the black screen, but at the time that itunes recognised it, the screen goes on...

It's like itunes on's it, and take the ipod to recovry, and it's not letting me to go to DFU

I'm desperate, please, any help will be great.

PS: i'm thinking it could be the 1.1.5 FW, but if it would, i can't go back to 1.1.4 cause itunes restored it to the most updated version.

thanks

-------------------------------------------------

I now can go into DFU Mode, thanks to "rdrg", he came with the solution, that it has ---> restore the ipod to FW 2.0.1 (the original one) and then try to get it to DFU, but listen good, not the custom FW, the original one, the clean one.

PS: i can't put the custom one, i don't know why, but the problem ussued in this post was about DFU Mode, and it has been solved.
  2. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you trying to winpwn?
    Anyway, try to full restore to stock 2.0
    Then after restoring it should go into DFU fine
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Try this....This always works for me.

Turn on the ipod touch.

Plug it in.

Hold the home and power button for about 11 seconds or until it shuts off.

Exactly 2 seconds later let go of the power button.

Continue holding the home button for about 35 seconds or until the computer recognizes it.

Restore.

PM me if that does not work.
  4. thecube

thecube New Member

It's not working, i do it and the itunes take the iPOD to "Restore Mode".

The screen doesn't get black.

Thanks anyway, if you have another solution i'll be great.
  5. Asuryan

Asuryan New Member

It worked like a charm for me! Thanks a lot

Please Register or Log in to view images

(I had Itunes opened the whole time)
  6. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't work for me. When I boot it to DFU mode, it never stays that way. Instead I hear the disconnect beep on my computer and then moments later itunes says that it cannot recognize my device. It sucks because I really want ot jailbreak my ipod, but I can't do so because my ipod won't stay in DFU mode.

I tried uninstalling itunes and apple mobile device, then reinstalling it, and that didn't work. I tried uninstalling itunes, downloading itunes 7.7 from apple.com and installing THAT, but even that didn't work. Any suggestions? I have 2.0.2 right now on an ipod touch 8gb.
  7. rdrg

rdrg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Last weekend I had a similar problem to the one described here. I used to have the 1.1.4 firmware, so after researching a little I made my mind and I tried to go to a jailbroken version of 2.0.1 FW.
    First I downloaded iTunes 7.7.1 and I tried to load into my iPod a pwned 2.0.1 FW, when I tried to put my iPod on DFU mode I wasn’t able to do it and every time that I tried I went into restore mode. When this was happening my iPod first went all white and iTunes kept saying that it was trying to find the iPod after a little while doing that my iPod went into restore mode alone! And I was sure that I was doing the right procedure also my Windows installed the DFU mode drivers.
    After fighting a lot, I came to the conclusion that my iPod with 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.7.1 wasn’t able to go into DFU mode. So, I went into recovery mode, I loaded the original 2.0.1 FW and everything went fine. After doing that I was able to put my iPod into DFU mode and loaded it the pwned version of the 2.0.1 firmware.
    I hope that my experience helps
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    what is going on with these devices lately its making me so angry
  9. Zavonn

Zavonn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, my situation here is pretty unique, since I crawled all over the web and no one seems to have my scenario. My ipod never goes white nor does it go into recovery mode by itself, but instead it just stays black and automatically disconnects itself from my computer (I hear the disconnect beep), leaving itunes all puzzled.

But thanks for your input anyways. I tried to load the original 2.0.1 firmware through itune's restore, but it had an error and said I couldn't restore "unknown error 15" or something. So I'm thinking that it's just a faulty firmware? I didn't download it from apple; I got it through a ******* download (direct downloads take too long and freezes all the time), so that may be the case. But the funny thing is, my 2.0.2 firmware is downloaded from apple (through the automatic update) and THAT can't go into DFU mode either. (And as I'm typing this message I'm trying to restore it after I tried to get it into DFU mode but accidentally got it into recovery mode by pressing the buttons while the unit was off. Itunes can't even restore it to the 2.0.2 firmware! *panic*) Please help.
  10. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Make sure your iTunes is updated properly. Then make sure that you're on the desired firmware to-be-pwned before BEGINNING DFU MODE.