CAnt DECIDe, WHY dont YOU DO IT foR ME

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by edistar, Sep 11, 2008.

?

What should I do?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2008.
  1. Keep my ipod touch 8 gig

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. trade my 8 gig touch for the 16 gig without paying a cent more

63 vote(s)
    88.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. edistar

edistar New Member

Ok so here it goes, I got a ipod touch 1st generation and I bought the 8gig for 299.99 at target. well targets policy is that within 90 days you can return the ipod and get the new one the 2nd generation that is 299.99 for the 16 gig!!! and comes with all the new features on the hardware. but the downside is that there is no jailbreaking on it yet and I dont feel like waiting forever for the jailbreak to come out and all the new apps to be ported. So my question to you is should I keep the same 1st generation one or get the new one. VOTE ON THE POLL, AND ILL USE THAT TO DECIDE
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What's with the thread title? Your caps lock key broken? I sincerely hope it is.
  3. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i say wait until 15-10 days before your Target warranty or return policy ends...and if there is no jailbreak for the new 2G you go from there

id say if u spent $299 and u could get it back, i would get the 16gb for sure.

It's all a matter of preference though...just make sure you keep your iPod touch in great shape, don't let in rub on any surface and use a screen and back protector. I'm sue they'll at least BEGIN looking at a jailbreak in a month or so.
  4. andydam123

andydam123 Member

I plan on doing the same thing. I'm gonna exchange it at Best Buy.
  5. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude return it... u would have to be crazy not to!!!!!!! 2x the capacity, new look, and new features!!!

also the jailbreak will be out...i dunno when but it will be
  6. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I second this! 2.1 will be JailBroken, eventually, your 1st gen won't eventually double it's memory and grow a bluetooth chipset.
  7. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    O-o

I love how people just assume that this mythical someone is going to jailbreak the 2g ipod touch.

Seriously guys read.....

The firmware is never the problem. We can keep jailbreaking from now till firmware version 112345.1 on the 1g ipod touch because its a processor exploit.

The 2g ipod touch is a totally different story. There is not a known exploitable flaw in the processor right now. That means that who ever this mythical person is who might be working on a jailbreak will have to reconfigure a totally different way to jailbreak.
    Who is going to do this? The iphone dev team? Maybe they will , or maybe they won't.
    Just assuming that a jailbreak will be out when you have no knowledge of how is like saying its gonna snow in Texas tomorrow because I want it to.

Yea ... do i need to repeat myself? It really does not matter if everyone agrees/hopes there will be a jailbreak. I hope there is, but there is a possibility that there will not be.
  8. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Dragomer is right. It's not a sure thing that a jailbreak will happen. We don't even know if it's possible right now.

I say to wait a few days and see what happens. People are starting to get their 2G's, so maybe someone will find something.

We don't even know if the processor exploit is gone or not - for all we know it could be in the entire line of processors. Or, the one processor in the 1G's could have been a total fluke. We just don't know yet because so few people have them.
  9. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  10. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    things look very very bad in terms of a touch v2 jailbreak. Apple has learned a lot from previous jailbreak attempts, and they are a smart meticulous company, so odds are that this will be a much much larger challange than 1.x which was jailbroken by luck when it happened to have the same tiff exploit that the PSP had.