Can't Decide :S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sawz, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Very soon I will have between £500-£600 to spend.

I was initially looking at getting the iPhone 4 because for one my iPod Touch 2g 16gb just doesnt have the space for all my music, and the internet on my Blackberry Curve 8520 has turned out to be too slow.

I was also tempted by the new Retina display and HD video recording of the iphone.

But then I thought what about the iPad? The far bigger screen would be much better for movies and for web browsing in general - though it has half the RAM :/.

Can anyone give anymore reasons for or against each one in helping me towards my decision

Please Register or Log in to view images

?

Thanks guys

And just realised another option - what about wating for the iPod Touch 4? Though I'm not a very patient person
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If you're willing to pay for a plan, go with the iPhone. Having a feature-filled entertainment device in your pocket at all times is fantastic.

If you don't want to pay for a plan and aren't necessarily looking for portability, go with the iPad.

In the end, it all comes down to your own personal wants.
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't recommend waiting for the iPod 4. It's just too long. As for the iPhone 4, I went to my local Apple Store yesterday and checked it and the iPad out. The iPhone 4 is actually a little smaller than my 2nd Gen. iPod Touch. It is a little bit thicker, but as for the width/length, it's a little bit smaller, or atleast thats how it felt because I didn't have my iPod on me at the time. Personally, I don't really want it any more because it is a little too small for me. The size of an iPhone 3Gs would be more like it. And as for the iPad, it's absolutely amazing and would recommend it a 100%. When I was playing around with the iPhone 4, the whole Retina display didn't really appeal to me. I just didn't see the difference between it and an ordinary iPod Touch screen. But, again, that's just me. You could just buy an iPhone 4 and use it for a month, and if you like it, keep it. But if you don't just return it (no restocking fee for now

) and get an iPad.

ALSO: When I was at the Apple Store, I realized that since the iPhone had the AT&T carrier logo on the status bar, it must have a number. So I used it to call my cell phone and it worked. So if anyone wants to prank call the Apple Store to that iPhone 4, here is the number: (804) 467-8671

4. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ooh! I love prank calling the apple store. Last time I did it I ordered an 'iPud'

haha! Yay! In 1 week i'm heading to florida.. And i'll be going to Apple Store Millenia. I just realised I'll be able to try out iPhone 4 + iPad !

Oh and PS... I would get iPod Touch 4.
  5. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you said yourself that the internet on your bb is slow. so why would you want to wait for an ipod when you can only use it with wifi?

As for ipad vs iphone, it depends.... do you want to listen to your music on the go? if so, are you prepared to run around with an ipad (a4 size)?
  6. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Good point

. Thanks guys for the replies - looks like I will be going for iPhone 4, facetime also looks very tempting lol.
    The double RAM on iPhone 4 makes me feel more future proof and secure as well :/.
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I dont it would be that exciting to 'try out' the iPhone 4, it seems like its the fact of using it lots, watching whole movies on it that would be good, like the retina display.

iPad however...

At first i was like 'iPad is a fat iPod touch!' And i still think the same, but the fact that it's bigger and that Apple's touch technology is so nice to use it makes it that much better, you know?

Get the iPod Touch 4 !
  8. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I really like the iPad cos I know the web browsing and such will be much better but lack of RAM makes it somehow feel less? I dunno but it just turns me away from iPad for some reason. Also the facetime and HD video are really enticing too

Hmm im still considering the iPod Touch 4

Thanks
  9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I have both... I love my iPad so much, it's such a fun device.. but since the iPhone 4 came out about 2 months after the iPad... the iPad is now almost redundant. All the features on the iPhone are better than the iPad and it sucks a bit.

iPad 2 will obviously have retina display. So will iPod Touch 4. iPad 2 may even have a front facing camera now we know they exist... so I'd wait a few months for an iPad.

Go for the iPhone on PAYG for £500 or hold out til September for the iPod Touch 4.

10. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeh that's what I was afraid might happen :S. My bro's gonna be getting an iPad anyway so I can steal that whenever I feel the urge to surf the internet on a larger screen

Problem is the iPad 2 will be coming out next year won't it? It came out this year in April (I think?) so thats when the annual refresh will be?
    Thanks