Can't copy iTunes movie to iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cyberphotogs, Oct 23, 2007.

1. cyberphotogs

cyberphotogs New Member

Ok so I have my itouch hooked to a 2nd computer(work computer). I purchased a movie from iTunes and downloaded to this 2nd computer. How can I copy it to the iPod. When I tried dragging and dropping I get the following error.
    "Movie" was not copied to iPod "My iPod" because you are not authorized to play it on this computer. I have iTunes set to manual sync on this 2nd computer too.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

...B
  2. TheH

TheH New Member

Where did you got the movie from, what computer? .. you can only use a song on 5 computers at a time, I think it should be the same for movies.
  3. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iTunes plays MP4 files that are larger than the supported aspect ratio than your iPod touch. I think touch maxes out at 480x320 or alike. I'm not sure of the exact number. But in all cases, even properly encoded h264 video in MP4 containers will not be able to play on iPod Touch if it is bigger than that max dimension. So that may be the problem you're encountering...
  4. KEVB

KEVB New Member

Screw itunes for movies; just start renting movies from blockbuster. Rip it to your computer, and presto: no risky downloads, no DRM bullsh*t, and you can play it on any computer or ipod. Besides, renting from Blockbuster is cheaper than itunes anyway.
  5. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Have you made sure that you've "authorized" the computer you are trying to sync from with iTunes? You have to do this manually with each new computer that you wish to sync from. Once you've done that, if the iPod is capable of playing said movie it should sync just fine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. cyberphotogs

cyberphotogs New Member

The 'Authorize' was the problem. I authorized it in Itunes and now it works. iTunes did say I can only authorize my account on 5 computers and that this was my 2nd computer.

Thanks for the help!!

7. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Anytime. I had the same problem myself a while back and I was practically banging my head against the wall in frustration when I discovered that little option.