Can't connect wifi after JB 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Darrell, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Guys please help.... I finally managed to JB 1.1.3 (after trying 3 methods) using ipodtouchmaster's.

But now I can't connect to wifi. When I go to settings/wifi. It detects available access points, and when selecting one (mine at home), it connects alright, acquiring correct IP address and showing a full signal bars (I'm right next to the router). But when I go to the home screen, or press home and open any app (like installer or safari), the signal bars disappear and disconnects.

I cqan connect again by going to wifi settings, but again, it disconnects when i go back to home screen. Please help... I don't wanna go back to the grueling task of restoring 1.1.1 and rejailbreaking... Please....
  2. notewar

notewar New Member

just re-jailbreak again and use some other method which available on the installer

dont use ipod touch master one cuz i saw alot people got many problems...

i think this is the best alternative for u
  3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Thanks but Ouch. I've been trying to JB for two days now and this is my first success.... Now this? Bummer. Any others that may provide a solution?
  4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

Hmmm... I think I found a workaround.

In wifi settings I set Ask to join network. Thwn when I go to Safari or installer and my wifi gets disconnected, A message will pop up and asks me to join network. When I select my wifi, it says cannot join network, then I just press cancel and now I'm connected!

I can live with it for awhile (until the proper jb comes out), but I'd really appreciate a better solution.

Is there anyone else having the same problem?
  5. crazyren

crazyren New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey

Well I had teh same problem.. it doesnt stay connected to a wifi netwrk for more than.. 3 sec or so teher is a fix for this.. is other. Tweaks 1.1.3 By BigBoss there install 1.1.3 MailFix and 1.1.3 Prefs Fix.. there u go..!

BigBoss Sources is nt sure (http://sleepers.net/iphone)

and add ispazio.net ( spaziocellulare/ispazio ) for to get Full ipod Features [Wather, Mail, Notes, Stocks, Maps and also move around icons] ##only for ipod touch 1.1.3!!
  6. crazyren

crazyren New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

I take it you people DID set up the WiFi connection again? You know the wep key or whatever you're using? I have to type in my key every time I jailbreak. The jailbreak wipes the settings!

Just a thought guys, as you never mentioned it.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Does it really wipe settings? I've jailbroken to 1.1.3 before and none of my settings ever changed.
  9. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Well each jailbreak I've done I've had to type in my WPA key to connect to my wireless router.
    I just thought you guys may be having this problem because of that.

I know if I try to connect to a WiFi sourse where I haven't got the key, it disconnects after a few seconds.
  10. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No. That would drive me batty. I've connected at home, work and even at the mall, no issues at all.