Can't Connect to Wifi!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alex_the_One, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Alex_the_One

Alex_the_One New Member

i have a problem with ma ipod touch 2g jailbroken ver-2.2.1

the wifi does not work.........
    even though i have full network bars on the ipod but any app related to the net doesnt work not even cydia and installer........
    it works everywhere else except my house...=/ I tried using it on campus and it worked marvolously...got home and it wont connect.. =/...and i tried rebooting and reseting the settings...any suggestions??
  2. simonFM

simonFM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you can connect everywhere except your home, its not a problem with your ipod its a problem with your home router...
  3. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

Ya it is your router, get a better one or something. they are pretty cheap.
  4. Alex_the_One

Alex_the_One New Member

but...thats weird..since my laptop and my dad's laptop work with the same router..even my ps3 =/...are you guys sure its the router?
  5. vegeta407

vegeta407 New Member

it cant be the router. how do u think he came on this site? or did u use ur ipod in skool? i had the same problem. i dont knoe how i fixed it tho. i just turned it off for like a day, n it worked back normally
  6. So0o0o0

So0o0o0 New Member

Your ipod is connected to your router just fine but not to the internet. maybe go in the wifi settings and mess around with something there?
  7. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

is your router at home encrypted, all my friends i know can come to my house with laptops, ps3's, 360's and all work great except for ipod's, i have to manually set up the ip's, dns, and router config on each individual one in order for them to connect properly, i am also using a linksys if that will help you at all