Can't connect to the internet even though I'm connected to a working network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nintendork, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was able to go on the internet yesterday, but now all of a sudden today I can't, but my iPod says I'm connected and even has the three little blue Wi-Fi waves in the top left corner of the screen (I'm connected to my computer's secured network with WPA security), and so is my computer. So why can't I get on?
  2. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You know i have a similar problem, like the ipods connected whenever its locked but when i turn it on after couple seconds or so it drops the connection so then i have to go into settings turn airplane mode on then off and then it re establishes the connection but even then sometimes it drops again. My computer and xbox work 100% fine.
  3. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    reset network settings? or have patience
    all else fails, restore
  4. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I messed with the Airplane Mode once because I was curious to see what it does. I think ever since then the connection stopped working. I just switched it on and off, and what do you know, I got the connection back. I wonder why this happens.
  5. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Reset network settings... Settings>general>reset>reset network settings
  6. adrake

adrake New Member

Same problem since last OS update

Hi,

I am having the same problem since the last apple OS update (4 i think). My wife's Ipod is to old to take the new system and it works fine.

So far it seems to work for a while after I power cycle the Ipod. Have not tried cycling airplane mode. Suspect apple messed up something with the last OS update, hope they fix it soon.