Can't connect to my home L/WAN with iTouch - tired of searching, plase help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sopis, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hello itouch fans

Please Register or Log in to view images

I googled almost everything and I couldnt find nothing that could help or that could at least be close to my problem.

I want to connect to our WiFi at home with my ipod touch...but it doesnt work.
    I will describe how our netwrok lookslike and then if you can, please help me.

So, we have a router (Etherfast Cable/DSL Router, Linksys) where my PC and dad's PC is connected. Since we couldn't get the net cable through to my sister's room we needed to solve this too, so she could connect to our network (wirelessly) with her notebook. So we have connected a wifi thing (Minitar, Wireless LAN access point). Everything works. But only the ipod has problems.

When I turn wifi on on ipod, it show me our net so i connect, write the code and am connnected with FULL signal. But when I try to open som page in safari, it says couldnt find a server and installer cannt find the host.

Can somebody please help me how to set this?

Any attempt would be much appreciated...

Thanks
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    This problem is probly because of a setting of two in the router. If you have a Mac Address Filter running on your router, you have to add your iPod's Mac into the filter, so it isn't filtered out.

There may be other settings you may need to edit too.

This does require you to connect to your router's IP address and log in as an admin(of the router). If you do not have the user name and password, find the person who is in charge of the network and see if they can help you.
  3. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thank you for your reply

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have access to the router and its settings. But I'm not sure whether I know which settings do I have to look at.
  4. ipod genius

ipod genius New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    b/g wireless

the probleme might be that ipod touches only support wifi b and g if you only have n than you have to turn on the g wifi in your routers settings because the ituoch will pick up n it just cant read it
  5. DoctorRon

DoctorRon New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    These are all great suggestions.

I'd bet the problem is the router also. Find out:

1) Is NAT enabled? Enable it.
    2) Is your router set to MAC filter? If so disable that.
    3) Is your wifi type set to N? If so switch it to G only, or mixed.
    4) When you connect with your iPod, does DHCP give it an IP? If not increase # of leases in router.

If worse comes to worse, PM me and I'll remote into your router and set it up for you.

Peace and good luck!

DoctorRon