Can't connect to iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jwasafrog, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jwasafrog

jwasafrog New Member

Hey guys, I have a slight problem.

I've been trying to SSH my iPod with my Mac and my connection always either times out without connecting or gives me a "connection closed by outside source" message.

I downloaded the Installer update a while ago that was such a problem, and I got installer crashing every time i opened it like a lot of other people.

Now, I can't fix installer and I can't connect to my iPod.

Any help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

try total commander. u dont need internet connection. i dont really use it, but there should be some utube vids or other posts to help. are u sure openssh is installed? if not get some1 to upload theirs, my battery died and need to get my touch. also with total commander u cant change permissions, so if the openssh thing works follow this link to get installer working http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33464

also sometimes a simple restart of the computer and the device can help. hope this helps u out if not hopefully some1 can help or just pm and ill see if i can help. gl
  3. jwasafrog

jwasafrog New Member

Total Commander is a windows program as far as I know.

And yeah, SSH is turned on, I've used it plenty of times before, it just stopped working after the installer update.

So, the problem is I just have no way to install or edit any programs or files on my iPod.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

look around, i thought windows commander was both systems but like i said i have no experience with it or a mac so srry. i look around for a program similar to that works on a mac

EDIT Look here http://macmegasite.com/node/3556 srry for the above info
  5. jwasafrog

jwasafrog New Member

Thanks, I actually just found that too.

Problem is now i can't find any tutorials for it, lol.

OK, I'm assuming I need a plug-in to use Disk Order with my iPod just like total commander.

Anyone know of one or if i need one? I can't find one so far.
  6. skids

skids New Member

7. jwasafrog

jwasafrog New Member