Can't Connect to Internet after Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by melih, Jan 1, 2009.

1. melih

melih New Member

Hey guys,

I just jailbreaked my 2.2 iPod Touch, and now i can't connect to the internet. When i go to WiFi via settings i connect to my wireless router, and it connects all fine, i even have the WiFi logo on the top bar next to the iPod sign and before the time, to show me that it's connected. But when i go to Safari etc. it says i'm not connected to the internet?

Any help?

Cheers.
  2. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Is it your router or a school/work router? It's possible that there is a proxy. Or you can try what Apple recommends:
  3. melih

melih New Member

I'm using it at home. It use to work all the time, but i just got back from a holiday, and i updated my iPod, and i find it doesn't work. Here is a more detailed post i made in the Apple forum, which i will post here.

Hey guys,

I just updated my software to 2.2, and now all of a sudden i can't connect to my wireless router at home. I can easily connect to it using my phone, but can't using my ipod. I've searched around a bit, and still can't find a solution.

When i go to settings, WiFi Networks, then i click on the blue arrow next to my router name, the only thing that is entered is my i.p address, and subnet mask. The router and DNS fields are blank. The i.p address number that was automatically entered into it is 169.254.46.155, and the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

I have tried resetting the network settings, and turning my D-Link DI-524 Router on and off, but still no luck. In Safari i get the message "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet" even though the wifi logo is active on the top, and it has a full strength bar of 3 bars.

Any help guys? It's really starting to **** me off. Is it a problem with 2.2 in general? My router doesn't have a WEP key by the way. I chose not to give it a password.

Cheers for the help.
  4. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Enter the DNS settings manually as 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. They are OpenDNS settings; they are probably faster than your ISP.
  5. milkman6453

milkman6453 New Member

my safari froze like this one time hold the sleep button to turn it off then back on if not try openDNS