Cant connect 2nd Gen (2.2fw) touch to Wifi (McDonalds)...Please Help, have 48 hrs to

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by chubby checker, Nov 23, 2008.

1. chubby checker

chubby checker New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return it if I need to.... I went into CEX today with just about enough vouchers to get an Ipod touch 2nd Gen (£155). My first ever Ipod so not quite sure what I am doing, but sure the firmware has been updated to 2.2, and I synched Itunes and all that, so I was ready to try it out in McD's (free wifi). I tried 2 different McDs and after setting wifi to the cloud and getting my "bars" up and logging in as I usually would everything seems fine. Then I open a new page (as The Cloud makes you, keeping the original page open) and trying to get Google or BBc its stops and an error message along the lines of "that route is not valid" (not exact sorry). I tried a few other sites, but no good, funnily enough I could get a few "Apple" pages but no itunes, youtube or say avforums. Also I got the Weather/Stocks to update, but thats about it. Basically cant use the internet......... I tried a few things such as altering Wifi settings, restarting the machine, clearing cache, resetting network connections to original settings etc. Fell like I tried everything, am I missing something obvious? have I got a faulty machine? Would it be worth doing a FULL reset of the machine and going back to the 2.0 firmware ??? Shame as Really impressed with the machine...Any help would be greatly appreciated,...I only have 47 hours left......(for a full refund voucher)
  2. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Are you positive this isn't just an issue with the networks you're connecting to? My McDonald's claims to have free Wi-Fi, but I've only been able to use their slow connections for mere minutes before it breaks....

Try some other networks.
  3. chubby checker

chubby checker New Member

Well I can try a Wetherspoons tomorrow. Have used Mcds quite a bit a few months ago and found it real smooth. Thanks for the suggestion though (if I keep the touch it will mainly be used for wifi in McDs, that was the plan, oh well...)