Can't combine music and videos into iphone like ipod.app with 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bob92, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bob92

bob92 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  2. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine worked, are you sure you are doing the editing through a program such as SubEthaEdit? I found editing in Text Edit did not work right and springboard would not load

What exactly isnt working?
  3. bob92

bob92 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just used a normal notepad and did what the above e mentioned guide told me. I did it about a week ago with my jail-broken 1.1.1 touch, but when I just put the backed up file back in and overwrite the 1.1.2's plist now both of them disappeared. So then I backed up from a backup of the 1.1.2's original plist file and then the music and video icons came back up in their default spots, but no ipod.app

Please Register or Log in to view images

I changed audio player to media, deleted the whole video player entry from <dict> to </dict> and at the bottom I added after array the other two lines of the code, but it has not worked for me

4. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you on a PC? From what I have seen you need to use a plist editor not just a Notepad or it won't work right. Would you like me to send you my Info.Plist for the spring board? The icon should show up then, then you can just hide Music and Videos, through coding or just use Customize, but I must warn Customize wont launch after you put the Info.Plist into springboard
  5. bob92

bob92 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah that would be great. Besides I can just hide apps + rearrange them with coding rather than using customize

6. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PM me your email and I will send it