iOS 3.1 Can't boot up?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nags, Nov 15, 2009.

1. nags

nags New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I I just noticed that I can't boot my phone up without it going into recovery mode.. Every single time it goes into recovery mode and I must use blackra1n to get it to boot up.

It's a brand new 3G Touch.. Running 3.1.2. I jailbroke it using blackra1n.. Installed Cydia, SBSettings, and a few games.. Nothing crazy... And it simply will not boot up without using blackra1n.. Any ideas?
  2. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is meant to. New 3G iPod touch is only a tethered jailbreak.
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The jailbreak for that model of iPod is a tethered jailbreak. This means that you must 'make it ra1n' every time you want to boot it up. There is no untethered jailbreak for that model, so you have no choice but to use blackra1n to boot it.
  4. nags

nags New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow.. That sucks pretty bad.. Bout to go out of town and planned on using my Touch on the plane and what not, but I can't constantly connect it to a computer to boot it up.......

There's no way around this?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm assuming my only option is to restore my Touch to 3.0 and then Jailbreak with redsn0w?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And now that I do some more searching, it seems to be that there is no 3.0 firmware for the 3G Touch.. Only 3.1.2, which can only be jailbroken via blackra1n. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You are correct, but why is it bad? Do you turn off your ipod touch often? Just don't turn it off and you'll be fine. You can put it in sleep mode, that wont cause it to go into recovery mode.
  6. nags

nags New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I go out of town a lot and use it to watch movies on airplanes and in airports mostly.. So I turn it off when I'm not using it to make the battery last
  7. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just put it in standbye(sleep) mode. It uses very very little battery. That way you dont have to turn it off every time.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It actually uses more battery turning it on and off than it does to leave it in sleep mode.