Can't boot into MobileSubstrate's Safe Mode

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by R4ds1234, Apr 25, 2010.

1. R4ds1234

R4ds1234 New Member

May 10, 2009
    Well, while troubleshooting an extension, i noticed that trying to invoke MobileSubstrate's failsafe mode through SBSettings, would just respring my device. I tried forcing it by setting Activator to boot it in safe mode by a gesture, but still, just a respring.

I backed everything up, restored the device, used APTbackup to put all my stuff back, and still, no safe mode.

I followed this topic, , and reinstalled both MobileSubstrate and SBSettings. Nothing.

By the way, this is a 2nd gen iPod Touch MB, with the 3.1.2 firmware. Never had many problems with it, this is one of the first that i've had to ask for help with

EDIT:: Yes, i have been able to boot into safe mode using 3.1.2, many, many times. I don't know exactly when it cut out, but i have been able to successfully use it on 3.1.2

EDIT 2:: After tinkering, i've found out it tries to boot into safe mode, as my normal custom charging sound is replaced with the default one, but before the screen can change, it plays my chime again, and resprings. I'll try completely uninstalling mobilesubstrate and reinstalling it.

EDIT 3:: ugh, can't uninstall substrate. It'll take all my tweaks down with it... A little help?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay, found the problem. it was Kirikae, for some reason. Mods, please remove this topic