"Cant be bricked" its all BS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by newton1221, Feb 28, 2009.

1. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

[Not Bricked-Issue Resolved] "Cant be bricked" its all BS

My ipod is back to its normal state even though dfu mode and recovery weren't working for me, i give credit to the fix to gojohnnyboi

So... my ipod, jailbroke with cywood, im on windows vista 32 sp1, it froze up when i was using some app, i cant even remember what, so i hard reset it by holding the home and power, i went through the boot process(steps 5-7 in cywood) upon boot it goes directly to the screen with the itunes logo and the usb cord, so i put it into dfu mode by holding the home and power for 10 and then just home for 10, its get recognized by itunes, so i go to restore, it prepares and everything and then just as it starts to restore it says ipod could not restore unknown error 6, so i search on here, and find the thread about being stuck in recovery mode, so i run the commands that it says to run, numerous times from different usb ports, i uninstall and reinstall itunes and apple mobile device, i try it again, still error 6, i download the original fw again just in case the one im trying to use is corrupted or something, still error 6, so... to recap, my ipod wont boot past recovery mode, yet it cant be restored, hmmm.... so basically it cant do anything, so unless someone can tell me a way to fix this, im calling BS on the whole it cant be bricked thing cuz at the moment its pretty brick-like if you ask me
  2. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    are you in semi?
  3. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds like the jailbroken firmware is corrupt. try building it again
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hes using cywood so its tethered
  4. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU + Restore = Answer to everything....
  5. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    error 6 when he restores and in DFU
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

im in dfu, trust me, im not retarded, i know when im in dfu, the problem is that it gives me error 6 when i try to restore, regardless of dfu mode or not
    so if i build it again do you mean just like go through the cywood steps again and basically just try to rejailbreak it?
  7. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you try Shift + clicking restore?
  8. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well are you trying to restore in a jailbroken firmware? as i said above, it may be corrupt. restore with an official one then you can build the jailbroken one again
    yah, sometimes some freak thing happens and it isnt completely made, try it again
    yay 400th post
  9. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

i have been shift clicking to restore to original firmware and its still error 6, and i've been jailbroken for 2 or 3 weeks now so i dunno if its really the corrupted firmware or not cuz it was fine, so im not entirely sure what to do
  10. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restore to the original stock Apple firmware without holding shift when you press restore. or is that what you are doing? Your iPod can work, I think the ipsw is mssed up.

Can you just try to use a booter program???