Can't add/erase music on ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by extremerocker827, Jun 16, 2010.

1. extremerocker827

extremerocker827 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I plugged in my ipod to the computer and it wouldn't let me add an album to the ipod and all the songs were grey. I found out that the manually manage music box is unchecked, and I always do it that way instead of syncing. But when I tried to check it, a window pops up saying it is synced with another library and asking if I want to erase this iphone and sync with this library. I dont want to accidently erase all my songs because it takes forever to figure out which ones I had on the ipod, so i dont want to try anything that might do that. The weird thing is that it says I synced with another library which I dont even do on my own computer. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You might just have to make a playlist with all your songs on you iPod now and then sync it to that, you can just look on the iPod now and put those songs from your iTunes library in a new playlist. (Assuming you have all the songs in your library) Once you do it will be much easier to sync all the songs back in case you have to restore if you can't restore from backup. Also you can sync it to multiple iPods (If you have them)