Can't add bookmark s to safari it only adds to home screen no matter witch button do

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badbrad420, Jul 14, 2009.

1. badbrad420

badbrad420 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi I can't add any bookmarks after something I did and can't figure it out any help would be great thnx. Every time I click add bookmark it brings up add to home screen and that's it I've rebooted lots and tried to uninstall some stuff with no help.Help

Dose any know what I could do? maybe alter the bookmak.plist.
  2. forgot2wipe

forgot2wipe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i'm having the same problem. does anyone know how to fix this?
  3. satvprog

satvprog New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is how I fixed it myself....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take no credit for this, I saw it here in someone else's post... and it has already helped others...

This applies if you have a jailbroken phone, and you are using the "categories" app or other to hide some icons...

Just unhide the "mail" app and your bookmarks will work like they are supposed to.

For whatever reason, when the mail app icon is hidden, it does what you described before (I have only seen it happen in firmware 3.0)

Satvprog
  4. hydropunk

hydropunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks, it appears that this is related to the "mail bookmark" button in safari. If the mail app is hidden, this button does not appear and for whatever reason both other options will link you to add bookmark to home screen.