Can't add a video to itunes to put on my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by gale, Mar 1, 2009.

1. gale

gale New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    never mind-sorry!

I have a video that is in m4v format that I want to put on my ipod touch 2g. I did it a week or two ago so I know it can be done. So in itunes I clicked on file/add file to library chose the video, clicked on open, and nothing happens. I tried closing and reopening itunes and it still didn't work. I converted the file from .wmv to m4v using handbrake. I also tried it in mp4 but that didn't work either. My ipod touch is not jailbroken. Am I doing something wrong? thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

eta-It was .wmv not flv like I originally posted. The other videos I did were .flv which is still working. Is there a way to convert the .wmv file? thanks

edit-I read some more and discovered handbrake can't do this conversion. So I'm off to find another version of the video or else something that can convert.
  2. UltimatePein

UltimatePein New Member

wrong file type. it needs to be MPEG-4. mp4 and m4v are video files but for some reason don't sync to devices from apple. idk y. I've converted the entire shippuuden series into mpeg-4 files and they sync and work perfectly. hope this helps.

edit: if you need a video converter i can help you out.
  3. gale

gale New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi. I am looking for a converter if there's one better than handbrake. I don't mind paying something for it. The other files that I put on my ipod touch are m4v files. I did another the night I first posted and it worked then too. Is itunes converting from m4v to mpeg-4? I only have the files on my desktop and on my ipod touch-not anywhere in the itunes folders.

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. UltimatePein

UltimatePein New Member

Hey, you don't need to have the video files in the itunes music folder. You can if you want. It doesnt really matter. iTunes doesnt convert the m4v files into mpeg-4 files. For example, lets say I wanted to convert a tv episode i downloaded from http://www.dattebayo.com into an iphone/ipod touch compatible movie. The first thing that needs to be done is get the .acc movie file into a mpeg-4 movie file. You can do this by finding a working version of Total Video Converter 3.14. If you cant find it just pm me and I'll see what I can do. pm me on skype too. i use that most often.
    search for: UltimatePein
  5. jonathan8055

jonathan8055 New Member

6. waynewhite

waynewhite New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012