Can't activate Iphone 3g after Update? HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Giri70, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Giri70

Giri70 New Member

Hello, i just updated to 3.0 os for my iphone 3g, but when i was finished it stood that i have to connect to itunes, as i did, but on itunes it says that the internett connections are down when i activate :S.......but my internett works fine for me :S any solutions HELP! As fast as you can please.

I havent jailbroken...
    - Giri
  2. shauns1

shauns1 New Member

Same problem on the iPhone

I have the same problem in Australia this morning. iTunes has downloaded the iPhone 3 update but can't install because it says the iPhone Activation Server is temporarily down. It's been down for a while now.

Come on Apple, surely you could have guessed how many owners you'd have hitting the activation server???
  3. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i have never activated an iphone before. my father did it, so i just had the activated locked iphone on 2.2.1 which i was unable to use with my carrier. I was waiting for this update to come out so i could finally JB it and unlock it using ultrasnow, so this morning i installed the new update and its saying that i need to insert a sim to activate. but i am unable to do this because the phone isn't unlocked. Can i put any sim in? or should i just grab dads sim and put it in to activate it?

once it is activated, i just JB using what ever is released by the iphone dev team and then will be able to unlock and use my sim?

or have i completely screwed myself by upgrading to 3.0?