Can't access activation with jailbroken 3GS

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ThePickler, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I jailbroke a friends iPhone 3GS to firmware 3.1.2. In the process of synchronizing with iTunes I skipped the first request for activation. Now I can't get it back. I've also tried swapping his ATT sim card with mine hoping that would trigger it. No luck.

Any suggestions as to how I can get it back? I have iTunes 9.0.1 on Mac and Windows.
  2. Plat

Plat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right-Click his iPhone name under the Device Tab and then click Reset Warnings. If that doesn't work go to Preferences=>Devices=> Reset Sync History
  3. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No dice. Resetting both of those as you suggested didn't make a difference. I'm running out of ideas. The last thing we want to do is install defaut firmware for fear of losing our jailbreak option.
  4. Plat

Plat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can't you put it in DFU mode and then restore it using the custom firmware you used earlier ?
  5. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thank you Plat.

I am a moron.

After talking to Apple/ATT I learned that it was just the registration part, not the activation that I thought I was trying to get back. The iPhone itself should have already been activated and working.

Naturally without telling Apple or ATT that the iPhone was jailbroken (that would've only complicated issues) I deduced that the problem lay with the custom firmware I created with the Dev Team's PwnageTool. Both Apple and ATT were very helpful in helping me figure this out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I restored to the default firmware 3.1.2 and the iPhone had a signal again. This time I used Geohot's blackra1n tool and succeeded in jailbreaking the device properly.