cannot update to 1.1.2...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by plot, Nov 19, 2007.

1. plot

plot New Member

Hey, im having troubles downloading the update for my touch (1.1.2) when ever i download it, the download gets to 100% and i get an error saying 'There was a problem downloading the iPod software for your ipod. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network setting are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later' i've tried doing it while in recovery mode, ive restarted and ive even reinstalled windows to no avail! Is it worth all the trouble to update my touch to 1.1.2?? or shall i just leave it with 1.1.1??
  2. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

OK, obvious question: Did you unplug your iPod anytime during the download? I found that it can interrupt the update.
  3. plot

plot New Member

I just exchanged my old ipod and got a brand new one, it remains plugged in the entirity of the download
  4. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Mine says "An unknown error occured (-48). I've tried this at least 8-10 times with the same result. One time, the iPod finally came to life but now I can't get the touchpad to work. It doesn't do anyting.
  5. dinonappa

dinonappa New Member

i got mine to download and it goes to were i enter my pin and it just keeps on reloading and wont let me do anything
  6. xwinger

xwinger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Omg

O jeez I'm having this pronlem too. it says an unknown error occured error (-48)
  7. dino86

dino86 New Member

My iTunes did not even tell me that there is update available it still has 1.1.1 and it say that my iPod is up to date... Thats OK because I would not update it anyway...
  8. plot

plot New Member

i dont really wanna update but i would like to restore, how can i complete this? help would be appreceated, thanks
  9. soulbadguy

soulbadguy New Member

I've got this problem too but i've found out how to update. Download the latest firmware 1.1.2 manually (just google for it) now after downloading it go to your ipod's main page and Control+click for MAC or Shift+click for WINDOWS on the Restore Button and select the file then voila! updated ipod!
  10. francisco582

francisco582 Member

Dude I really don't think it's worth it, the only things I noticed is a little battery meter that tells you how much life your ipod has on you iTunes and it lets you add events to your calendar. I really regret it because mine was hacked and i dont want to go through that process again.