Cannot unhide Settings app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gilyoder, Mar 16, 2009.

1. gilyoder

gilyoder New Member

This may have been addressed before, but I haven't been able to find it with search. I've seen similar problems addressed, but not the exact problem that I am having.

After jailbreaking my ipt2g and installing several applications from Cydia, I've lost the ability to display my Setting's icon on the home page. I am able to add and remove the icon within Categories folders, but removing the icon from a folder does not make it reappear outside a folder.

I've tried using BossPref to unhide it too. I can toggle the switch for Settings on and off, but even that will not make the icon appear.

I do not have any problems with any other icons. They all can be moved back and forth between Categories and the normal desktop, or hidden and unhidden using BossPref.

It appears to me that this might be a "border" issue within the routines that unhide the regular icons. I suspect that Settings.app is the first application in the default apps, perhaps in a zero based list that the unhide routine isn't handling correctly in these apps.

Two questions: (1) Has anyone else experienced this exactly, and (2) Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just another wonder of the categories app. sorry don't know a fix.
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check if it's in your SBSetting dock.. If not I have no idea..
  4. gilyoder

gilyoder New Member

G8D, that was it! I didn't know docking an app there would hide it in the first place. I am certainly surprised that it keeps it hidden even after unhiding with BossPref, et. al.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So did it reappear after removing it from the SBS dock and un-poofing it?
  6. gilyoder

gilyoder New Member

Yes, but I didn't have to un-poof it. It was already set as unhidden in BossPref. All I had to do to make it appear was to remove it from SBsettings dock.
  7. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just so you know BossPrefs is built into the "More" button on SBSetting so having both serves no purpose. Just to help you tidy up your SpringBoard

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. gilyoder

gilyoder New Member

Yes, I was aware of that. I installed both in order to compare. It's nice to have SBsettings available at any time, but I wonder if it might be causing some of the extra battery drainage that I've noticed.

I don't have a lot of drainage, but it does seem to drain a little faster than it did before jailbreaking. (I could be imagining that.) Because of that I might remove SBsettings and continue to use BossPrefs.