Cannot Sync Ipod, ipod stuck in DFU Mode. IPOD BRICKED. Help please!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by legatoexpressivo, May 8, 2009.

1. legatoexpressivo

legatoexpressivo New Member

Okay so i had the 3.0 beta 4 and everyone knows that you need itunes 8.2 to install beta 5; so I put it into dfu mode and tried to install beta 2, and it worked. I tried to do this so i could open up itunes 8.1 and install beta 5 from there. Now its stuck in DFU mode and when i plug it into itunes 8.1 an error message comes up saying cannot be synced and i can't get to the summary page to restore it. Someone please help, my ipod is useless at this point and I have no clue how to fix this. Someone, anyone?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I doubt you are stuck in DFU. You may actually be in recovery mode. I would use iTunes 8.2, unplug the ipod, try DFU, and then plug in again. After that get a clue before you go messing with firmware you shouldn't have. If all else fails use Xcode
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Or you can try to put it in DFU (it might not be in it after all). If that doesn't work try to hold home while plugging it in. If neither works try another computer. PM me if you need more help.
  4. legatoexpressivo

thanks guys, i'll try this. i'm not sure what the difference between recovery and dfu is, but i'll try both methods and see what i come up with.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have your UDID registered?
  6. legatoexpressivo

nope, which was definitely my first mistake. oh well. i just want my ipod functioning again.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    DO you know it? If you do send it to me and I will register it for the day so you can fix it.
  8. legatoexpressivo

i wish I did, i can't even get to that screen. man, that would be so helpful. thanks so much for the offer, i really appreciate you helping me.
  9. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You don't have to use iTunes to get your UDID.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If all else fails you can use Xcode with the SDK, install the firmware again, then you will be able to get the UDID so it can be registered. Bad news is the SDK is over 2GB. You should be able to recover the iPod though. Make sure the internet is disconnected when you try