Cannot Send Mail The Sender Address is Invalid

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dighistory, Sep 30, 2009.

1. dighistory

dighistory New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am using a second generation Ipod Touch (32 GB) with the most recent firmware update. I like to use Wi-Fi hot spots to check my e-mail and to send messages. New messages are downloaded without problem but, whenever I am away from home, I can't send an e-mail message without getting the following error statement "Cannot Send Mail--the sender address was invalid". Well, of course, I am the sender and my address is correctly entered in the iPod Touch settings. I can send messages from home without problem but whenever I am away from home and using a random Wi-Fi hot spot I get this error message. The message I am trying to send is always stored in the outbox and then, occasionally, it will be sent without warning when I log into a Wi-Fi hotspot. But, more often than not, it just stays in the outbox until I return home and log into my own Wi-Fi hotspot.

How can I fix this problem? I have been to an Apple Genius Bar and thought the problem was resolved but it reappeared almost immediately. Is my authentication setting part of this problem? Right now I have it set on "password".

Like I said, the Touch works fine at home on Wi-Fi but does not work 9 out of 10 times at a random Wi-Fi hot spot.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.