Cannot seem to restore...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr_Coffee, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee New Member

Hey. I have an iTouch 2g, that was jailbroken from 3.1.2, and at some point, it seemed to have gotten stuck in the ''Recovery Mode''. All it does is show the iPod cable connecting to iTunes. Now, I've tried everything explained with the 6 R's. Recharged completely, and it holds a charge. Obviously rebooting doesn't help, since it goes to that screen every time. I would remove content, had I known what caused this. Cannot reset settings.. Now, this is the interesting part. I've tried to restore many times, and tried almost every tool available. All the jailbreaking tools to 'jump' out of recovery mode won't detect the itouch, but iTunes will still say it is connected. I've tried iRestore, and it doesn't detect it either, while itunes does. I've tried restoring via iTunes, with jailbroken OS's, OS4, and the old OS 3.1.2 . Every time, it proceeds to install, gets to the 'Preparing iPod', and the apple logo with the status bar appears on the itouch. It then eventually stops, and gives me an error (1611). I've also re-installed iTunes twice. Before you ask, I have tried to restore in regular recovery mode, and DFU. I am really at a loss here, and some help would greatly be appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 Btw..
  2. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use iBooty and boot...?
  3. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee New Member

Ok, I tried iBooty, and got through to the end. Everything seemed to go well, until it said, ''If you can see this image, you may continue''. I didn't see any image, but, I continued nontheless. Tried to 'boot it'', and I got a file missing error. Tried to restore, got the same error.
  4. kezzanator

kezzanator Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So have you jailbroken ios4 before? or did you just download ibooty?
    because you need all the files from your custom firmware in the same directory bla bla... you may already know so i wont bother. If you need help i think i can help.
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    DFU MODE! Turn off completely if it wont stay off then hurry when doing this.

1.Hold home for 3 sec
    2 hold sleep and home until ipod turns off or when screen is blank or for 10 sec
    3.itunes will go dup dup and tada, go restore.
  6. kezzanator

kezzanator Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "Before you ask, I have tried to restore in regular recovery mode, and DFU."
  7. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee New Member

Kezz: I only had 3.1.2 installed, then jailbroke that. And yes, help would be greatly appreciated. As far as iOS4, I have tried that, along with a custom jailbroken version, via Sn0wbreeze, and the normal 3.1.2 version.
  8. kezzanator

kezzanator Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you were using ibooty,preparing the device for the firmware, did you have the device in recovery mode? and as for the image it doesnt come up on some devices, but the screen goes a kinda dark blue color and it looks similar to dfu mode.
  9. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee New Member

I did have it in recovery mode, and tried both in DFU mode, and in recovery mode (With the cable going to the itunes icon). I really am at a loss here, and really appreciate all of your help, hopefully this can be resolved soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee New Member

Is there any possibility that I could have corrupted the MBR partition..?
    (If there is one?)