Cannot Restored!?!? Does that mean its, BRICKED?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoshTouch, Mar 21, 2008.

1. JoshTouch

JoshTouch New Member

Hi there,

I have been having problems with jailbreaking my ipod so last night I just restored it to 1.1.4.

This morning I was just going to down grade it to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that, however I have got a problem! I cannot restore it and my iTunes doesnt notice it, any help?

Josh

Edit:- It now restores, however it doesnt complete the restore, it gets near the end and then comes up with the error 1604, any help?
  2. Nemes

Nemes New Member

I had the same problem, you can read my thread but I couldn't come up with much. I'm having to return it to Apple, the thing just will not restore and stay working.

1604 means that it's failing the preparation stage, which means it never even got to upload the new firmware. Try resetting the device and try again, but I'm not sure what else you can do.
  3. darkernights

darkernights New Member

i got that error once but i switched usb ports.. first was on a hub, second was directly with the PC and it worked... maybe it will work with you
  4. jeffrey529

jeffrey529 New Member

try a different computer
  5. Pudge

Pudge New Member

try putting it in restore mode through the Actual iTouch by holding the sleep button on the top left and the homescreen button below the screen. Keep holding this down until you get the screen to show the USB cable and the iTunes logo. It takes a bit... so keep holding it down wen the screen cuts off and during the time where the apple logo shows up. then restore it so it has 1.1.4 firmware
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Use the first link in my signature.
  7. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use force restore.
    It probably didnt restore right.
  8. meloyo

meloyo Member

the same thing happened to me...but what u have to do is put it in DFU mode and then restore it during itunes...then it will work!