Cannot Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by logitech188, Jun 19, 2009.

1. logitech188

logitech188 New Member

I need to unjailbreak my iphone and I can not restore it. Here are all of the current issues:
    1) My iPhone keeps restarting every 30 seconds
    2) I have attempted to restore to 2.2.1 firmware and I keep getting Error 1602
    3) I have un-installed and re-installed iTunes. I have also changed to past versions.
    4) I have tried different USB ports.
    5) I have read everything I can find through Google about this but I cannot find a solution.
    6) My iTunes is not detecting my iPhone in DFU mode. All I see on the phone is the annoying Russian guy.
    I have also tried using different computers.
    How can I fix this? I have spent the past 12 hours working on this and I'm at my wits end here. Please, somebody help!
    Thanks
  2. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    uplug iphone from usb cord
    shut down itunes
    turn off iphone
    press home button and power button for ~10 seconds
    when the iphone screen starts back up, plug in the usb cord.
    let itunes open up automatically, read the screen, it should say something about "itunes has recognized that your Iphone is in restore mode... blah....blah". click on "update & restore" tab.

fyi - this will update you to the 3.0 software. please research about jailbreak and unlocking before you come back b*tching that you cant make calls.
  3. logitech188

logitech188 New Member

I know about jailbreaking. No reason to curse. I tried your suggestion and it does not work. I have tried using a Mac and PC but I seem to be stuck getting the same errors. Might just be time to throw in the towel and buy another one.
  4. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    then put it in DFU mode and restore it.

if that doesnt work or you cant get it to restore, then you most likely have some hardware issue, not software issues. from everything i have read, you cant "brick" the iphone unless there is something wrong with the internal hardware.

and the whole cursing that was not directed towards you, it was more of a disclaimer that you would be updating to 3.0 with the new baseband and then you cant "go back".
  5. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold the home button while the phone is off, and plug it into the usb and hold the power button at the same time, release the power after a couple seconds, should come up in restore mode...