Cannot restore Phone 3G[S]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sayma3, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey,
    I have posted already describing my situation about having a white screen that I can't get rid of. I didn't leave it long, but didn't get a response so I went ahead with a restore. I was running 3.0 and have now downloaded and tried to restore with 3.0.1, and upon doing so, the green bar moves accordingly to show that it is nearly done. However, when it is actually restoring the phone, there is just a faint green line which runs through the status bar over and over. That aside it does complete the restore, still with a white screen. I'm starting to think that there is something actually wrong with the phone, because I believe a restore should solve any software problems? Any ideas anyone?
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    try doing a dfu restore and reinstalling iTunes. If that doesn't help take it to apple
  3. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have restored from DFU mode but no luck, still a white screen. The problem is that I'm in Spain at the moment until 31st August, but would obviously like to sort this out whilst I'm here. Will they accept the phone in any store I go to (if I can find one)?
    My brother has also had problems with his 3G and he was sent a new one and then he had to send his back within 2 weeks or so. Is this something that would be possible to do abroad? I have looked on the apple website and can't find much information about this.
  4. tpkray

tpkray New Member

Let's like apple will have to deal with this situation.
  5. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    damn... Ok so one last, few, questions - If I were to find an Apple store in Spain, what sort of thing do you think they would do? Would they look at it in store? Send it off? If I was to get another, would it be locked to Movistar? Grrr, I hate not having my phone!