cannot restore jailbroken ipod touch 3G! tried EVERYTHING!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by farq, Sep 12, 2010.

1. farq

farq New Member

I have tried EVERYTHING:

- got itunes 10, didnt work
    - tried the latest software (i think its 4.2?) didnt work
    - tried using 3.1.3 which is what it originally had when i bought it, didnt work.
    - tried putting it into DFU mode and do the above two steps, DIDNT WORK
    - even tried following the steps in this link: http://deals-n-discounts.com/error-3194-on-restoring-3gs/
    but i couldnt save the hosts file.

I desperately need to restore my ipod to default factory settings to get rid of the jailbreak, because it has a hardware error (dock connector screws up) and i need to send it back to apple, but NOTHING WORKS. When it verifies the restore, it comes up with a messaage saying "Could not restore. An unknown error occured." and the error code is 3194.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help, ive only had this ipod for 3 months and i really need apple to fix it, and really need to get rid of the jailbreak.

THANKYOU!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    holy balls its working now, when i got itunes 10 i didn use 4.1, i only tried 3.1.3

now trying 4.1 and its WORKING

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm glad its working, But for the hosts part, you need to open it with notepad and save it.
  3. farq

farq New Member

mmm i did edit it with notepad, but it said i didnt have the right to save it or something because i wasnt admin (even though my user is the admin account)
  4. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

the best plst reader and editor i know so far is "plist Editor for Windows" and it´s free