Cannot restore Ipod back to original settings - no software is currently available!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Andy123456789, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Edit:

FIXED

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks anyway

Turns out the 2.2.1 firmware was in the temp folder and i couldn't find it lol (yeah i know real stupid lol, but now i got it and restored my ipod back to normal, gonna try jb 'gain)

Thanks anyway guys.

----------------------------------------

Heya,

i'm a bit of noob at jailbreaking and all but i went to try it for the first time today. It was going well until step 7 but i couldn't seem to finish off the last step :S

Anyway, i decided to try and restore it back to factory settings so i put it into DFU mode pressed restore, but i get this message:

"software for this ipod is currently not available. make sure you have the latest version of itunes and try again."

I'm pretty sure i have the new version of itunes 8.0.2.20, is this the newest one?

So basically, how do i get the software for the original restore so i can get it back to factory settings, thanks.

I could restore the ipod to normal before i attempted this failure jb so

By the way, i tried downloading the firmware from here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ but downloaded 2.2.1 for ipod touch but after it was downloaded i couldn't open it or anything, and didn't know where to find it or nothing so yeah... not sure if that's even the right thing lol, but if anyone can help, much appreciated

ty

2. matt_chazz90

matt_chazz90 New Member

how did u solve the problem?
    because i got the same problem as well.
    stuck on the white screen
  3. meg4pwn3r

meg4pwn3r New Member

You have to hold down shift and click restore, then select the original IPSW