Cannot restore back to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by codecrazy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. codecrazy

codecrazy New Member

I was using installer and installed the Guitar Hero III mod for TTR. I went to the home screen. I saw the spinning cog, but this time it didn't stop. I plugged my iPod into iTunes. Everything seemed to sync fine. I think the everlasting spinning cog was just a SpringBoard malfunction. Anyway, I then tried to put it into DFU mode by holding the home and power buttons, etc. The iPod's screen didn't go blank. It showed the "Plug into iTunes" picture, except without the battery icon in the corner. iTunes told me that the iPod was in recovery mode. I held down shift and clicked restore. I selected the 1.1.1 file. iTunes extracted the software. It started to prepare, but then told me that the iPod could not be restored. The error code was 0. I tried this on another computer that had iTunes 7.5, and of course on my own computer with 7.6, but it didn't work. I can however restore my iPod to firmware 1.1.3 on both versions. Is there any other method I can try to get to 1.1.1 so that I can jailbreak my iPod again?
  2. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

same thing happening to me, I'm gonna try a few things I'll let you know if I find a fix.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did u try restarting the iPod when u got the spinner? and to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 you have to upload a special file, I forget what it's called, but anyway Apple imposed a light hearted restriction in terms of downgrading, it can be by passed though. check ipodtouchmaster's youtube page, I'm pretty sure that he made a video on this.
  4. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

thanks I thought I might have forgotten something, I was just about to check and see if there was a file I needed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

Nope still not working, I did this yesterday and it worked fine. Hmmm, not sure whats the problem but a little serching should cure it I hope. Anyways followed ipodtouchmasters vid, but Iphuc was of no use still getting the same response from itunes. I might just try a differant path this time entirely... let me know if anyone has any suggestions...

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when I tried this a while back, I had alot of issues with iPhuc, but eventually got it
  7. codecrazy

codecrazy New Member

I heard on another thread that you can restore to any file using iPhuc. I haven't tried it yet, but it might be worth a shot.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u have to use iPhuc to upload a file, which i can't remember even what it was, but I think that it is related to DFU mode in itself, it's from an older firmware, but it will allow you to downgrade
  9. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

10. full1

full1 New Member

You could try updating to 1.1.3
    then use iphuc to allow it to restore to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2
    if you want the 1.1.3 version you could download ibrixkr then use it to jailbreak to 1.1.3