Cannot Remove Source

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vahnx, Jun 11, 2010.

1. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I seem to get errors all the time in Cydia, involving some repo I added while following a tutorial. I found out the repo was illegal but it seems I can't remove it.

I get an error in Cydia when I add/remove sources and it hangs on Downloading Packages. The error is below, with starred out vowels so people don't add it:

http://r*p*.b*y**r*ph*n*.c*m Host Unreachable Cached Failure

I removed everything in /private/etc/apt/sources.d and I still get the error. Does anyone know of a fix?
  2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The BeYouriPhone repo was shut down a long time ago... There is a package either on the podulo source or [PIRACY] [ oh god i hope im allowed to say that ] that can help you with your problem, but you need mobileterminal.
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    get rid of the "x...." one.
  4. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Is it the Cyfix & Cyfix GUI combo? I go to install Cyfix GUI and it says, "The requested modifications cannot be ".. blablabla. I need gettext and wget, and I'm not sure which repositories have those.

Update: I went into iFunBox and deleted every single source/cydia spot I found. I'm telling you, I went through every single file that looked like it might be cydia related and pretty much wiped/deleted them all. Then I transfered over a cydia & essential.deb and installed them simultaneously w/ mobile terminal (because they are dependent on each other, they cannot be installed separately). Then I re-jailbroke with Spirit (probably pointless but whatever, was trying to do something then I realized it didn't matter). I then wasn't able to add any sources via Cydia, so I manually copied over saurik.list and I finally saw some sources. I then had 2 cydia updates that I applied.

So far, all seems to be well. Only 2 issue has arisen from this: the Cydia apps I have installed do not show as installed according to Cydia, and now some sources will not add via GUI, so I must transfer them over via iFunBox then run apt-get update as root.