Cannot pick up 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by magic8ball88, Jan 13, 2010.

1. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    First off I would like to say (before you do) that I searched both the forum and google.

Heres my problem..... My iPhone 3GS can't find any 3g anywhere. It picks up edge just fine but no 3g in areas I have always received it. I re-sprung it I rebooted it reset network settings and restored it and it still cannot pick up any 3g anywhere. What should I do?

EDIT: I have 3g switched on and I am on AT&T
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I hate to even ask but is 3G turned on?

Also you are running at&t?
  3. magic8ball88

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah my 3g is on and I'm on AT&T. I should have mentioned that but I'm really panicy right now. When I saw my thread got a reply i couldnt click fast enough.

My hands are sweating.... Im such a nerd
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Could this have anything to with the fact that I was using internet tethering a few hours before?
    Could this have anything to with the fact that I was using internet tethering a few hours before?
    Sorry for the quadruple post. I must have clicked the post button twice. But anyway my 3g works all the sudden. Not sure what was wrong.... restored for no reason.

EDIT: Okay rather than creating another post Ill just edit this one. It still isn't working. It said It was on 3g but obviously its not. It looks like I'm just talking to myself though since no one is replying :/
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

My only thought for you is a restore (to hide the jailbreak) and take it back to Apple. That's assuming that 3G still does not work after the restore.
  5. magic8ball88

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay I think AT&T was just being stupid because after about 5 hours it started working. Sorry I came from Verizon I'm not used to my network not working.

Pun of the Day! They should call AT&T a NOTwork instead of a network!

Puns are fun....
  6. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Glad to hear it is working.

I am with you on at&t: I was with them for the phone but have since switched to T-Mobile. The cellular service was good but I did not like dealing with any one in the customer service department.
  7. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ATT is definitely a totally different world from Verizon. I just switched and can empathize with you. Some days I get 5 bars with full 3G and some days I'm lucky if I get Edge. Matter of fact there was an awful snowstorm where I live and ATT towers were down for three days! Glad I still had my Verizon phone or I would have been SOL.
  8. magic8ball88

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Whats sad is I have to agree with AT&T's commercials about their speed. We have Wild Blue (satellite internet) and it is painfully slow so AT&T's 3g is a breath of fresh air. Apparently we have several cell towers around my house so I usually get 5 bars around my house but everywhere else is so random. 3g must have just been down that one day :/