Cannot navigate on lower part of Ipod touch? Help needed urgently.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rpgaia, Jan 13, 2008.

1. rpgaia

rpgaia New Member

Hi guys, again.
    This time round something really wierd is happening to my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1)As seen above the red circle, im unable to press any icon for that part, or perhaps within the music to itunes range.
    The settings above are fine as they respond.
    My screen protecter doesn't prove to be any problem btw.

And also before the above problem, when i play music on my ipod, song from the left earpiece seems to be much weaker compared to the right earpiece.
    I changed a few earpiece and the problem still persist and i assume its the ipod problem.

I beginning to lose faith in apple products due to these defective parts and i hope i need not exchange my ipod for another new one as the screen protector is on and i dun wanna take it out as it does not come cheap.

Hence, i hope you guys would help mi out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions =D

--RPGaia (frustrated)
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

The headphone issue does not appear to be isolated; numerous other people here have reported the same problems. It doesn't appear to be at all common (it's only been a small handful of reports of this problem), just that you aren't the only one it's happened to. It appears to be a hardware issue, which by itself would require you to exchange it for a replacement unit.

The lower part of the touchscreen, that much I don't know. The thing about capacitive touchscreens (such as used in the Touch and iPhone) is that it uses a sensor in each corner of the screen that detect a distortion in the electric current that flows across the screen, which is turned into a set of coordinates that determine where you touched the screen. If one of those sensors stops working, your whole touchscreen would have trouble picking up touches, not just one small area. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the indium tin oxide coating that acts as the conductor for the screen has a worn patch in that area of the screen or something of that nature.

Either way, I'm afraid you're probably going to have to exchange it just for the headphone problem alone. That ought to solve both problems at once. Just remember to completely restore your Touch before you do so.
  3. rpgaia

rpgaia New Member

Ok... guess i don't have a choice ... thx anyway
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

No problem -- sorry you've run into trouble with this unit, but sometimes it happens. If it's any consolation, I lost a full-body invisibielSHIELD when I exchanged my first Touch due to an entirely different issue. (My own stupidity)