Cannot Jailbreak Touch 2.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by TouchHack, Jan 24, 2009.

1. TouchHack

TouchHack New Member

I downloaded Quickpwn (mac) downloaded the 2.2 firmware restored fresh 2.2 firmware and followed the instructions given from quickpwn program but everytime I get to the last step when letting go of home button I get an error in iTunes and Quickpwn just has a circle loading sign and just stalls there. The only way to exit Quickpwn is to forcequit. I have tried this around 8 times now and same results.
    iPod Touch 8GB 1st Gen
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is very frustrating.
  2. ipodtouchisc00l

ipodtouchisc00l New Member

i heard that the jailbreak doesnt work very well on a mac. if u have access to a windows computer, try jailbreaking on that.
  3. lukeluke10702

lukeluke10702 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is no jailbreak yet i thought
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is no jailbreak for the second-gen. He has a first-gen.

If you're on OS X 10.5.6, there is a problem with DFU Mode that prevents jailbreaking. Try using a Windows computer. *shudders as he says that*
  5. leoofborg

leoofborg New Member

There's a way around the USB - 10.56 - *Pwn errors with 10.56, and it's REALLY simple.

Use a USB hub in between your Mac and the 'Touch. That includes plugging thru a Dell monitor and the like.

Repeat after me: you don't have to use Windows, you don't have to hack your system with 10.55 kernel extensions.

Just plug a hub in between your iphone/ipod & Mac and pwn away. It worked for me with my 32 gig 1G touch and FW 2.2. It's also the first thing I tried after getting the infamous error. *sigh*

Once Pwned, you can then plug it directly into your machine, no problems. The 10.56 bug only affects DFU mode.
  6. liquidlayo81

liquidlayo81 New Member

hey guys, im trying to jailbreak the new firmware 2.21 on my 1st gen ipod touch but quickpwn keeps saying it doesnt recognize the firmware, like a dummy i paid the 10 buks on itunes for it, any suggestions?
  7. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The official release of QuickPwn does not yet support firmware 2.2.1. An update will likely be released very soon by the Dev Team to allow the jailbreaking of 2.2.1.