cannot install itunes 7.5

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by rovestudio, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rovestudio

rovestudio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In order to get to a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod I need itunes 7.5 as 7.6 somehow breaks oktoprep. When I trash the itunes 7.6 app and try to reinstall 7.5, the installer fails. Is there a tutorial around on how to downgrade from itunes 7.6 to itunes 7.5? I don't care if my library stays intact. I have tried searching for uninstall itunes and downgrade itunes and have not found the answer to this question. Thanks.
  2. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just uninstalled lol.
    Then installed the 7.5 and it worked.
    WHen I tried to upload my library it said that my Library was in iTunes 7.6 so I did a search of what the file name was, deleted it and it ran perfectly.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What operating system are you using?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The easiest way to do this is to just create another account on your computer for the purpose of hacking the ipod. You can uninstall and reinstall iTunes and not have to worry about your regular music library. I use mac and just got to my Music folder and then trash the iTunes folder within and it runs just fine. When I'm done I go back to my regular account/user name and reinstall iTunes 7.6.
  5. rovestudio

rovestudio New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am running 10.4.10. Itunes 7.5 hangs at about 20% during installation, but 7.6 installs fine. I just tried using ijailbreak mobile to upgrade from 1.1.1, but it did not work, ran for a few hours and then just dumped me back into 1.1.1. Restored back to legit 1.1.3 for the moment. Thanks.
  6. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

in your music folder there will be a folder named iTunes. open it and delete every file that is not a media file. then install iTunes 7.5
    Worked for me

Please Register or Log in to view images