Cannot get ipod touch 2G into dfu mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by TonkaPug, Jul 9, 2009.

1. TonkaPug

TonkaPug New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an ipod touch 2G. I have jailbroken this ipod before using QuickFreedom v1.0 and it only took 2 attempts to get it into dfu mode (white screen). After I had in jailbroken I decided to install apps and games which worked fine. I then installed a theme (BIG MISTAKE) and had to reboot the device. After rebooting the device it was stuck with the apple logo on the screen. I made many attempts to boot the device with no luck. So I did a restore to original firmware 2.2.1. The ipod now works fine again but it is not jailbroken. I want to jailbreak it again to install apps and games, but now it will not go into dfu mode!!! Here is what I have tried:

Hold power and turn off device. Then plug in ipod and hold power and home at the same time for 10 sec, then hold just home for up to 30 sec and look for white screen as I did when I first jailbroke the ipod. I have tried this about 1001 times with no luck. It always goes into restore mode with itunes logo and usb plug. I have read post after post after post and nothing works. I have watched videos on youtube. I have followed QuickFreedom dfu guide. I have tried tools created to put ipod into dfu mode. I have read in post that my ipod is screwed but I do not belevive this as the dfu mode is suppose to be built at hardware level not in the firmware. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK AND I AM OUT OF IDEAS. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

I am using itunes V8.2.0.23 and QuickFreedom V1.2.0 on windows XP machine.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE REPLY. IF YOU CANNOT HELP PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH COMMENTS THAT ARE OF NO HELP.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME 

TonkaPug

“Never confuse education with intelligence”
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A "White Screen" Doesn't mean you're in DFU mode!
  3. TonkaPug

TonkaPug New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm...well what does?
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Black screen. It looks like it's off but gets recognized by iTunes.
  5. TonkaPug

TonkaPug New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it always goes into restore mode. Example: itunes logo with usb plug
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    QuickFreedom always give me a messege saying i am not in dfu mode???

It only took 2 attempts getting my ipod in dfu mode my first time jailbreaking!!! Now i cannot after trying for days. That tells me something is definetly wrong!!! I'm not sure what to do or what is wrong. I am out of ideas.
  6. conjy

conjy New Member

Mean's you're not doing the steps right.
  7. TonkaPug

TonkaPug New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Conjy...Can you help me do this right? I do not know what i am doing wrong.
    I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks everyone but you are of no help!!! I know i am doing the steps correctly to put this ipod into dfu mode. If i am not then all posts for doing this are incorrect. As i said before "I put my ipod into dfu mode with only 2 attempts before". Now all i get is recovery mode!!! QuickFreedom always gives me an error messege saying it is not in dfu mode and i follow their steps precisely just as i had done the first time i jailbroke this ipod.

Anyone with some information that applies to my situation would be appreciated. Also could you please read all of my original post first before replying.

If there is anyone out there that actually knows what they are doing and can help me please reply.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Crossingman

Crossingman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here is how to go in dfu mode :
    connect turned on ipod
    press and hold HOME and POWER for 10 seconds
    right after that release POWER but continue holding home for 10 seconds

hope this helps

ps : if you get in dfu mode buy 3.0 and update then use redsnow 0.8 to jailbreak if you want to keep 2.2.1 jailbreak using redsn0w 0.3
  9. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What does the white screen mean then? When I jailbroke my 2G Touch with 3.0 and redsn0w 0.7.2, the steps that I followed to put it into 'DFU' mode left my screen white...so I ASSumed that's what it meant too.
  10. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold both for ten, then KEEP HOLDING HOME FOR UP TO 30 SECONDS UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

DO NOT RELEASE HOME UNTIL YOU SEE A MESSAGE IN ITUNES