CANNOT get into DFU mode. Black screen too.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by arikado, Feb 8, 2009.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so I'm on step 5 in Cywood's GUI. It's after i restored the jailbreaking firmware i created, through itunes and it turned my ipod black and unresponsive (which is supposed to do, correct?)

Now the next step is to get it in DFU mode.

It's not working, i'm holding the buttons but theres no chimes or any indicator. The only thing that pops up is the message on my taskbar saying the USB is not recognized and/or malfunctioned.

Help?
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Yes, it's working.

I didn't get the chimes the first time I booted either. Sometimes I still don't get them, and I don't know why. Use a timer and be as precise as possible with your DFU mode timing.
  3. CalebMingle

CalebMingle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to keep trying. Timing needs to be perfect.

Hold power + home for ten seconds, after ten seconds let go of power, and continue holding home for eight seconds.

That always works for me. Keep trying

Please Register or Log in to view images

Everything is right, and you already have Windows telling you that the USB device is not recognized and/or malfunctioned (that means it is stuck in the process of booting, and the device is rejecting it). So nothing is wrong.

Just keep trying

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you want an easy to use solutions, I recommend you download my Booter tool here, that can help you check to see when you are in DFU mode, and allow you to boot easily:

http://u.dopaul.com/Voltage - Booter.rar
  4. livevicarious

livevicarious New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had the same problem I reinstalled itunes blah blah blah EVERY step everyone gives! The way to fix it?! While the ipod screen is black and "should" be in DFU mode, UNPLUG the USB cord from the PC USB PORT then quickly plug it back in! For some reason itunes is stopping the ipod/iphone from rebooting during the jailbreaking process! Doing this for some reason forces the iphone/ipod to continue the DFU process!
  5. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A black screen means that you're in DFU