Cannot get ibrickr to work (can't get past the 1.1.1 window)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ferr, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since connecting via ssh via wifi is impossible for me because I am on an ultra secure 172.xx.xx.xx network, I'm consigned to using ibrickr, which wouldn't be a problem if it worked.

Unfortunately, when I start it up, it brings me to the page saying "Bummer! you're using 1.1.1, click to downgrade to 1.0.2!" but people have told me they have gotten ibrickr working for 1.1.1.

Some people have vaguely told me that I need to make sure my ipod touch is "fully" jailbroken. What does that even mean? I have installer.app and I followed all instructions to the letter.

• restarting the ipod
    • reinstalling certain apps on the ipod
    • setting wifi connection to static
    • setting auto lock to never
    • trying both ports 21 and 22
    • remembering the username is root and password is alpine
    • making sure I am using the right IP address (the one on the current network the ipod touch is using)

I really did try everything to try to access my ipod via SSH, but I later found out that the 172 network I am on has zero open ports, so it's useless here.

So, how do I get ibrickr working? Why doesn't it detect that it's jailbroken? Also, it doesn't specifically say that it's not jailbroken. It just says that it detects v1.1.1 and offers me to downgrade or it won't do anything.

This has been a real head scratcher for me for the past week. Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Does anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?
  3. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just found something that worked for me and tried to explain it as fully as I could. When I suggested that you make sure it was "fully" jailbreaked it was because someone earlier in the thread had attempted to follow the process after only halfway completing the initial jailbreak. After he finished, it worked. I'm sorry it hasn't worked for you, I hope someone with more background in this can figure out the cause of problem.
  4. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I guess I'll try to keep this bumped until someone can figure this out. Thank you for what help you've offered, though

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ohoward

ohoward New Member

I am having the same problem. I thought that having visited www.jailbreakme.com, my touch was jailbroken, I have installer.app and have installed squid, but iBrickr doesn't recognise this.

EDIT: I'm officially an idiot. In order for the jailbreak to complete...you have to turn off your iTouch (not just put it to sleep). After I did this and then opened iBrickr, all was well.

Let the pointing and laughing commence.
  6. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey thanks for the help! It seems that I didn't jailbreak it correctly as I was doing it. I mean, I restarted and everything, but I might have done something incorrect or off by a little bit. I simply restored the ipod touch to 1.1.1, went to jailbreakme.com, got appsnapp, and got the installer, then immediately restarted the ipod. For now, maps.app is seeming to work perfectly!
  7. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

Great, so the problem of iBrickr not recognizing correctly was fixed with a restart?