Cannot downgrade 1.1.3 (I get a WHITE screen instead of black-never happened before)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by 996gt2, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 996gt2

996gt2 New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Since my first Nate True jailbreak went bad with the spinning ring (it lasted about 2 months without problems), I re-jailbroke 1.1.3 with ZiPhone. However, it turned out to have many stability issues, so I decided to restore and re-jailbreak using the Dev Team jailbreak. When I tried to restore my iPod to 1.1.1 using the hold both buttons for 10 seconds and then letting go of the sleep button method, I can enter the DFU fine, but iTunes will NOT give me the "iPod needs to be restored" popop anymore UNTIL I exit out of iTunes and restart it. On the second restart, I get a "Waiting for ipod" progress bar that eventually fails, so I have to end iTunes in task manager and start it for a third time. On the third try, iTunes will recognize the recovery mode and ask me to restore...but regardless of when I try to restore to an older firmware (I've tried 1.1.1, .2, and .3) or restore+update without shift/restore, it will fail out with error 1601 or 1602. This has never happened to me before, and iTunes always let me restore ok. When I try it now, however, the iPod is stuck on a WHITE screen instaed of black and iTunes will eventually fail at "preparing iPod for restore."

I also have not updated iTunes or anything since my last jailbreak, so everything should work...

Also, I've tried using ZiPhone to enter DFU mode, then doing the still just gets stuck and fails at "preparing ipod for restore" and gives error 1601 or 1602

Help please?
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Feb 10, 2008
    happens to me 2
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Dec 21, 2007

touchhacker101 Member

Jan 26, 2008
    try using iphuc, download this package and follow the instructions..hope this helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files: