"Cannot connect to YouTube"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xorzale, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Xorzale

Xorzale New Member

I foolishly installed the one of the YouTube app fixes from installer.
    YouTube had been performing badly, so without any common sense I went ahead and installed the so-called "fix", only to discover that that particular fix was for unlocked iphones, not jailbroken 1.1.3 ipod touches.

I now get the "Cannot connect to YouTube" message frequently while trying to use the YouTube application, which won't allow me to search or browse for YouTube videos, although I can stream the ones from 'Featured'.

The fix that I installed replaces 3 files somewhere. I am not in the mood to spend hours finding the exact files, but I would like to request the original files if someone would mind copying them off there own 1.1.3 ipods ??? I want to try replacing the entire YouTube.app folder, but I think other files outside of that folder are changed ...

I really want to fix this problem before the next firmware comes out, or until I decide to restore again.

Help Me! Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Xorzale

Xorzale New Member

To fix this problem for your Ipod Touch, not for iphone, ssh into your ipod, rename the folder /var/root/Library folder to something like Library.old then restart your ipod, if a new Library folder is created you can delete the Library.old dir or just leave it there. Anyway, the "Cannot connect to YouTube" error should be fixed.

THIS PROBLEM STARTED BECAUSE OF THE YOUTUBE FIX IN INSTALLER, it is for Iphone not ipod touch!

Yeah, I'm so kewl that I figured this out on my own...
  3. Xorzale

Xorzale New Member

I meant the folder called Lockdown, rename it to Lockdown.old. Not the Library folder, since renaming that will fark up your ipod.
  4. evilali1111

evilali1111 New Member

Umm i cant seem to find lockdown anywhere.

Kind thanks
  5. evilali1111

evilali1111 New Member

Forget my previouse comment. How do u rename locckdown?
  6. arorav12

arorav12 New Member

thank you soooooooo much for helping me with this

hahah i was freaking out when i got this error
  7. evilali1111

evilali1111 New Member

It helped u? Plz tell me the processes you went through.

Kind thanks
  8. wanny_leung

wanny_leung New Member

May I ask how can I do this with me unlocked ipod touch? I can't use winSCP to rename the folder.
    I bought it for the version 1.1.3 with the 5 new application,
    after i hv jb it, youtube always says: You must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube!
    i gonna install a certificate from the installer,
    however, youtube still cannot connect but this time it shows: cannot connect youtube!

Now i hv restored it to my 1.1.3, it still show "you must...enable youtube"
    oops, what can i do now? THZZZZZZZZ!!
  9. the_magica

the_magica New Member

Me too!! But actually I didn't jailbreak my iPod. It's in 1.1.3 now and it always pop-up the message "Cannot connect to YouTube". But by the same time I can use safari to surf the internet.
  10. olicf

olicf New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is happening to me to, I just cant access youtube from my Network. I can connect to another wireless network from down my street and youtube works fine. It was almost asif my IP adress had been blocked from youtube.

Later i did some research and apparently its something to do with AOL so if anyone else is having this problem and is on AOL please say