"Cannot connect to your device" ...once more.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jankor, Dec 12, 2007.

1. jankor

jankor New Member

Hello,

I have a problem with jailbreaking iPod Touch with 1.1.2.
    I bought it with 1.1.1 software on board and it worked fine with jailbreakme.com jailbreak.
    I've been trying to do the jailbreak process a lot of times and always in the end jailbreak.jar says:
    I will write how I am doing the jailbreak process, maybe someone will spot something wrong in it...:

I start with clean 1.1.2 software on the 16GB iPod Touch, iTunes 7.5 (19) on Mac OS X 10.4.11 .
    I go to the iTunes, select iPod and click option+restore, then select *.ipsw file with 1.1.1 software.
    It starts to extract, prepare ipod, etc, finally version 1.1.1 is ready to use.
    I "set up as a new iPod" in iTunes, unselect Automatically sync songs to my iPod, (establish connection to the WiFi,) go to the jailbreakme.com on the iPod and proceed with the tiff patch.
    Then I go to Installer, select OktoPrep and install it. It says that my iPod is now ready to perform an "Update" to 1.1.2 and continue with the TouchFree process

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now updating to 1.1.2 - I click Update in iTunes, software is already downloaded on the computer. Option "open iTunes when this iPod is connected" is unselected and applied. When updating to 1.1.2 is done I exit iTunes, reconnect iPod, and jailbreak.jar . I have already placed opt folder on root of my hard drive (named Macintosh HD).
    I select install SSH and click Jailbreak! and then again I see error message

... Danm, what to do?

I tried to update Java, change usb port, rename folder with jailbreak.jar, connect direct with cable or dock.

Regards,
    Janko
  2. lewisking

lewisking New Member

what I did was not uncheck the option in itunes, let it load. then while still open run touchfree, then it will say an error. close itunes unplugg ipod, plug ipod back in, close itunes once popped up and run touchfree again. That worked for me

3. jankor

jankor New Member

Mmm it didn't worked for me

By the way, I noticed, that there is one more jailbreak package than I thought - I used zip with 6 files inside, but I just found another, with the same and more. What should I think about it?
    "Smaller" package is from here: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    "Bigger" package is from first post from this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14491

That bigger package says "This utility can only be used if you have already run OktoPrep before updating to 1.1.2" although I'm sure I did it and haven't clicked restore, but update...