Cannot connect to WLAN anymore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This morning I tried to connect to my home network, but it failed. In the networks screen (settings menu), I select the network, it connects, but most of the times it's disconnected within 2 seconds and randomly it'll reconnect. I tried to visit Google in Safari multiple times, but it couldn't find the server. I believe it never has a connection, even when it says it does.

Some facts / things I'm sure of:

- It worked fine yesterday
    - IP address is OK (doesn't have DHCP, typed it in myself and verified it twice)
    - The WEP/WPA/WPA2 phrase is correct

Both are the same settings as yesterday (the last time it worked fine).

- My iPod is jailbroken on 1.1.2
    - The wifi icon on the top bar only shows up when I uninstalled an application via Installer
    - Applications I have installed are OpenSSH and MobileNotes (uninstalled Customize and MobileScrobbler)

I tried rebooting, but that didn't work. I'm not going to try restoring my iPod, but I'll try everything else. Only problem is: I haven't got the iTunes library in which my iPod is installed at this moment. So I can't do anything in iTunes right now.

I hope someone knows what to do..

Thanks!
  2. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

what application did you have to uninstall?

have you tried taking the password off your wireless and seeing if it will connect then.
    Does shh work ok?
  3. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I uninstalled MobileScrobbler and Customize. Didn't try to take off the password, didn't try to SSH as well, but it works now... I reboot the router and it works fine now.. Thanks for your help anyway!
  4. tootsierollss

tootsierollss New Member

Can you tell me how to reboot a router? Mines was working when I got my touch on Christmas but then 1 hour after it stoped working. Now I can get internet on my laptop or ipod now. I know this is about the touch but can you help? I have a linksys router. I searched on the internet to find how to fix it but I'm really stupid when it comes to the router.
  5. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    Uhhh you just unplug it for 3 minutes and plug it back in
  6. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like Zink says, you can just unplug it for like 10 seconds and then plug it back in. Most of the routers also have an option to reboot it via the software.

At this morning (GMT+1

Please Register or Log in to view images

) I tried to connect again, but the problem recurred... Like to find a real solution for this, since rebooting the router every morning isn't quite an option for me.
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    See if your router manufacturer has a firmware update - I've heard that fixing some issues too...
  8. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, it all had worked fine some weeks ago, without a firmware upgrade.

I think there's some intereference with the laptop. At night, when everybody's asleep it works fine, no problemo. At that moment the laptop is turned off. Right now, the laptop is turned on and it won't work. Perhaps there's some IP address intereference (although I checked that by changing the IP address) or something, could that be possible ?
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, look to change the channel on your router - most are set to like 6 by default. Go in and switch it to 11 and maybe it'll clear up the interference. Other things that can sometimes cause issues - microwaves, cordless phones (not cell phones).
  10. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Perhaps I could change the channel, but what about the other computers ? Are they still able to connect then ?

Btw: at this moment, it works all fine again..