Cannot connect to server

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jadphoto, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Ok I have a few neighbors that have unlock wifi or locked wifi. One if the unlocked ones I can get into, but is slow. The other unlocked one I can log onto, but every time I try to open something in safari it gives me that message. Cannot connect to server. Any help?

Also same thing with the locked ones. I figured out the password for one of my neighbors and logged in, but in safari no luck. In stumble.app it says that it has WEP incription, but than how come i logged in with the password "admin"?
  2. sivo802

sivo802 New Member

i am having the same exact problem plz help
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    On home routers that are open (i.e. w/o security) you may find that the signal strebgth has diminished significantly due to your distance from teh router and obstacles in between. It may also be that your neighbour (or other neighbou─▒rs) are also surfing on their bankdwidth, clogging it up.

For WEP enabled systems you need to have the correct password. A log on attempt with a blank username and admin pass may work if the router WEP username and pass have not been changed. If they have, sometimes you can stilll get a 'bite' and a false login confirmation I think - this has happened to me sometimes when I've been messing about war driving. I'm not an expert in these matters so would love to be corrected if anyone has more experience.