Cannot connect device

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Slapmaster1000, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Slapmaster1000

Slapmaster1000 New Member

I'm trying to jailbreak my iPod touch to 1.1.2 so I can jailbreak newer firmwares on my iPod. The problem is that whenever I try to do the touchfree process, I get this message:

"Cannot connect your device: Please plug your iPhone/iPod into your computer. If you're still having trouble, restart the computer, reconnect the device and try again." Also an error window that says "tmp8581.exe has stopped working" keeps popping up and I can never close it. My system is Vista (which I'm hating right now, but have no choice but to use).

I'm not sure if this is a problem with java or if it's vista, but I don't think it is vista because I've done this on this computer before with no problem. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.
  2. alcala315

alcala315 New Member

If what you are trying to do is move up to 1.1.4 then your best bet without errors would be to restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with iLiberty....most people use Ziphone but i fould iLiberty to be super easy. By the way i also have vista and i never had a problem jailbreaking my 32gb touch or 16gb iphone.
  3. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have never had that error and I have vista