Cannot be read from or written too, device is not connected.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fty07, Oct 25, 2007.

?

what does your ipod do during syncing?

1. Syncs normally.

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Fails mostly when uploading songs. (itunes)

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Fails when loading videos. (itunes)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. Fails mostly when uploading songs. (inon itunes)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Fails when loading videos. (non itunes videos)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. I can sync fully but have to try multiple times.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. My ipod is jailbroken and it fails.

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  8. My ipod is not jailbroken and it fails.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Contacted Apple and they gave you instructions that didn't work.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. Contacted Apple and they gave you instructions that did work. (please post!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fty07

fty07 New Member

hey everyone.

I keep on getting these 2 error messages when try to sync my ipod touch to itunes.

the device Ty's ipod cannot be synced. the disk cannot be read from or written to.

(had this even before i jailbroke it.)

or

Attempt to copy from the disk Ty's ipod has failed. the device is not connected.
    (happened after i jailbroke it)

now it just alternates between the 2. but the weirdest thing is that it's still there in itunes under devices!!

I was always able to sync but the connection would break off and i would have to eject the ipod and plug it back in mult. times.

I already spoke to apple. and they just told to to go and erase itunes and redownload and install itunes with my avg turned off. and restore the ipod touch.

tried it and it still was doing the same thing. so after i synced my songs (it took 3 hours.) i decided just to go out and jailbreak the damn thing so at least I have something to use it for.

now i want to add some tv shows and its happening more frequently.

Any ideas to help please!!

thanks.

-Ty
  2. fty07

fty07 New Member

any help please!!

bump.

no one else has had a problem like this?

even if you don't have the answer i would still like to see if its only mine or if others have had things like this.
  3. Otherman

Otherman New Member

I'm getting that same problem right now, I don't know what to do. It just cuts out after a while and it takes forever to upload anything. Please help, this is very frustrating!
  4. Otherman

Otherman New Member

Does anyone know what we might be able to do? This is a real problem.
  5. steffendallas

steffendallas New Member

I have just the same problem. And my iPod isn`t jailbroken.

Normally both messages appear. And it`s impossible to sync Movies or Tv shows. The weird thing is that it works at my Mums Laptop (windows Vista) without any problems.
  6. fty07

fty07 New Member

maybe we should try to fix this ourselves. I read somewhere that it might be file that are corrupted that interrupt the process. are you using all itune files on your moms comp? how about you own? I need to get to the bottem of this. Im sure if whoever has the problem pools our resource together we can narrow down the factors. If more people respond I can get a general idea and start a survey. Scientific process Baby!
  7. Dark Jordan

Dark Jordan New Member

i have the same issue. :[
  8. roflmao

roflmao New Member

I also have this problem. I just re-sync my iPod and it re syncs everything again.

I thought maybe I had some hardware or software interference, but its obviously Apple then.
  9. fty07

fty07 New Member

I started a poll to see if we can narrow this down. you can answer more then one question. please check off all boxes that affects you. thanks guys.
  10. madrukus

madrukus New Member

i was having the same problem loading movies onto the touch. at around 80% it would cut out and give me the messages. i went to the genius bar at the apple store and the guy mentioned it may be a non-apple software conflict. he said to try on a virgin computer to test it. i did and it worked!! the computer i tested it on has no system changing software on it. (ie. theme-changers, registry-edits, docks, third party icons, etc)

I am slowly removing those kind of programs from my computer to see if I can isolate which one (type) it is. I have yet to be successful on my own computer!

Its worth giving it a try!!