Canadian's Get iPhone Price Cut =D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desi_soulja, Jul 9, 2008.

1. desi_soulja

desi_soulja Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Copied from source:

Rogers backs down on iPhone data plan pricing ahead of launch

After consumer complaints about the costs of running an iPhone, Rogers Wireless (TSX:RCI.B) is cutting the price of the smartphone's data plan to $30 a month for a limited time.

The $30 monthly fee for data applies to a three-year contract for customers who activate their iPhones by Aug. 31.

The data plan rate is for Web browsing, emails and video.

Rogers says the six-gigabyte data plan will allow users to visit 36,000 Web pages, send or receive more than 157,000 emails or watch almost 6,300 minutes of YouTube videos each month.

The much-anticipated iPhone goes on sale this Friday at select Rogers Plus stores in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary and Vancouver.

Rogers says customers will also have the choice of selecting existing Rogers voice and smartphone data plans.

The iPhone will cost $199 and Rogers is the only Canadian carrier that has a network capable of running the high-end, touch-screen multimedia phone.

Source Link: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080709/business/iphone_canada_2
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Yeah for the Canadians!
  3. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's still a sh*tty deal. What really sux is, since im currently with Rogers and I would like to get this data package for my 1G iPhone, I would have to sign my life away on a 3 year contract! Just retarded!

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol
  4. evel_king

evel_king New Member

Lol, this is still a bad deal, you just add data to your stock plan like this (So Cheapest is $60 plan + $30 of extra data, $90 a month! It's a better deal to get the $75 plan), and it's availible for a limited time only. Rogers is a lucky bastard, they have no competition in the Canadian GSM market, so they set high prices for the phones that are GSM only (The iPhone 3G), and if we want it, we have to pay.