Canadian iPod touch price??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeff_282, Sep 28, 2007.

1. jeff_282

jeff_282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi just wondering if anyone has any suggestions in gettin around paying the extra 50 dollars the ipod costs in canada.

Ipod touch 16gb = 399USD, 449CAD. Our dollar is at parity, but not this price?

Anyone order from us apple site to canada? is this possible??

Apple should adjust this price.....
  2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thats true, the price is too high. It may be because of delivery to canada cost or something, but other than that, its bullsh...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well even if its expensive, its worth it right?

3. jeff_282

jeff_282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it may be because of that, i think apple just priced the product assuming the dollar was less here.

im thinking of driving to the sates to buy one, Can anyone confirm if it is a north american warranty or would a us touch not be covered in canada?
  4. smartdude24

smartdude24 New Member

First, I find it absolutely ridiculous that companies like Apple and others are taking advantage of us like that and not amending the prices of the products when our dollar is clearly on par with the US dollar. However, I know friends who bought from Best Buy in the States and Best Buy in Canada would not honor the warranty, so I decided it was worth the extra $50 dollars if I really wanted one.

Plus, you have to factor in the gas to drive down there and your time, but not only that, they might not even honor it up here if something were to arise.
  5. Bird

Bird New Member

I guess you guys haven't been keeping up with these kinds of issues in the news. There was a huge discussion about this kind of thing in application to automobiles on CBC the other day. From the sounds of things, it's pretty standard right now to have the Canadian branch of companies price gouge people, even though the dollar is at par. To enforce the whole deal, if you buy it in the us, you wont get any warranty. This kind of thing is costing people to have to pay around 7000 dollars extra. So, end story is that you guys should hope for a favourable settlement on this issue for the consumers. If that happens, and car companies are forced to use fair pricing, then other companies will be forced to as well, because if they don't they'll be going into a losing lawsuit.
  6. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    yea i know of one way to get around it...

move to america

thats about the only thing lol
  7. MaxTO

MaxTO New Member

I am from Canada and I payed 449 at the apple store for the right to own and love a ipod touch

The people at apple are not to smart though , they had no cases for the dam thing. Just think , they could have made a extra 30 to 50 bucks on each sale if they had of had a sexy case in the store . Now people will wait and just pick up a case at the friendly neighborhood best buy .
  8. branth

branth New Member

I'm sure Apple woud spin it this way. With Canadian vs US prices there's a $30 difference between the 8GB and a $50 between the 16GB. 8 x 2 = 16 and $30 x 2 = $60. Hey you're getting a deal with only $50 more for 16 GBl!

What about the Loonie being at par with green back? Oh, that's international money markets and we have no control over the variances of that market.

As an aside I do believe that Apple's warranty is international. I have bought Apple stuff in the US and before I did I called Apple about being a Canadian and returning to Canada with my purchase. That's what they told me - warranty good anywhere in the world. I have never had to test it out, however.
  9. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Get someone to buy it for you in the US and ship it over. I'm canadian aswell, and that's what I'm doing.

Today or yesterday 1$ CAD was worth 1.01 $ USD!
  10. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    but the shipping n' stuff, why not just buy it in canada and just spend a few extra dollars, its not that bad is it,

Cheers,
    Ben.